Website counter

Monday, May 20, 2013

In Memoriam: Rasool Khan


It is de javu, when I heard the news that Mr. Rasool Mohseni, commonly known as Rasool Khan, was killed by bomb suicide in Puli Khumri, northern Afghanistan a couple days ago. My deeply condolence for Afghanistan. My tears fall down to hear this very sad news and when I wrote this.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun. 

I interviewed him in 2009 and met him again in 2010, because I was deployed in Baghlan province again. He won the provincial election last year, so I would like to know what he had done so far after he was elected. 

In 2010, it was parliamentary election and his younger brother, Mr. Azim Mohseni, was the influential candidate, and he won. So my team interviewed two of them.   

He was the most powerful man and mujahidin in Baghlan province, northern Afghanistan and humble as well.



I still remember, how surprised he was once he knew my knowledge on Baghlan and its security situation in surroundings provinces and praised me for that



I still remember, how he took care for us, international observers, when we were there. In 2009, we stayed in a big, old and nice Guest House located in Band Do, Puli Khumri. He always sent his people to make sure that we were safe.


I still remember, what he said, when I saw and commented why her 2 daughters could play only in the yard of his house with neighboring female kids while their brothers played outside and going around the city, "It is Afghanistan." 

I still remember that UNAMA officers weren't surprised to know that we, international observers, knew him very well.


Rest in Peace, Rasool Khan. May Allah bless you and your soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment